Carbon Policy Development
Some 50% of the UK’s carbon emissions derive from buildings and offices. No business can now function responsibly with a realistic, practical and publicly stated plan to reduce the carbon footprint of its buildings.
DIMENSION 9’s Carbon Policy service helps you address this challenge; creating a tailored approach, achievable targets and an actionable plan for your organisation’s overall energy consumption and associated carbon dioxide emissions.
The formulation and implementation of a carbon management strategy is a complex task. DIMENSION 9 will expedite matters on your behalf utilising our considerable experience in this field to make sure that your approach to fulfilling your obligations is thorough, professional and unimpeachable.
DIMENSION 9 will continually monitor and report to ensure that the targets are met. Business efficiency is all part of the DIMENSION 9 package, Benefits to your business includes:
- Cost and Carbon savings – Savings arise as energy consumption is reduced, cutting both emissions and costs.
- Complex made simple – DIMENSION 9’s expertise will ensure the formulation and implementation of a strategic carbon management strategy.
- Enhanced corporate image – Increases environmental standing and Corporate Social Responsibility, enabling you to maximise the benefit of energy and carbon reduction activity through planned publicity.
- Fulfilment of obligations – The policies we put in place on your behalf leverage energy and carbon management activity by harmonising with Carbon Reduction Commitment obligations and current buildings regulations.
- Disclosure – Our service improves the value of disclosure by conformity with the CIBSE and Carbon Trust guidelines and, optionally, compliance with ISO 14001 & ISO 50001 standards
- Competitive edge – Increases competitiveness by allowing and encouraging performance comparison against peers.
How the process works
- The challenge – The process starts with calculating your carbon footprint, the size of the problem to be addressed. This involves collation and analysis of current energy usage and supply arrangements for all buildings.
- Assessment – Standards are then assessed to highlight current performance and specific areas for improvement.
- Energy Supply Review – Supply arrangements are reviewed to identify opportunities for change to green supplies.
- Targets – Targets are developed for carbon footprint reduction through energy efficiency improvements and renewable or green supply arrangements.
- Action Plan – An agreed plan to achieve targeted savings is prepared.
- Management Review – Energy billing arrangements, metering and on-charging are reviewed to ensure that cost and carbon dioxide emissions are effectively managed.
- The scope of the carbon footprint assessment can be widened to include transport, business travel and commuting, depending on the depth in which the organisation intends to address the issues.
- DIMENSION 9 can develop an outline plan for dealing with Carbon Reduction Commitment legislation requirements.
- Managing energy, carbon dioxide and environmental monitoring and reporting standards.
Our services are tailored to reduce your energy costs while eliminating energy waste. We implement all systems to operate in line with your operational standards and to perform at maximum productivity.
Take the first step in realising greater energy efficiency at your facility by contacting DIMENSION9 on +44 (0) 845 459 7869 or on firstname.lastname@example.org today. Our aim is to help you reduce your energy costs effectively, efficiently and innovatively, with an integrated and sustainable approach.